Oaks Day

Hi Everybody,

Yesterday the grade 6s dressed up for oaks day and had a fashion parade. After snack we had to write a description of what you were wearing. Once you and your partners description was edited you had to go outside and practice our runway walk.  After  everybody had a practice we went over to the prep concrete. This is my description: Here is Tyra walking down the runway in her tailor made zebra stripe dress. With her midnight black shoes and cardigan from the Target collection. Her tangled golden hair topped off with blue tied died bow. She excites the crowd and exits with a tea cup swirl.

Me on the bridge

Me on the bridge

After everybody had their turn on the catwalk the girls had to decide as a group the 2 boys who did the best (Ashton and Oscar). The boys had to decide as a group the 2 girls who did the best (Livvi and me). They would then go onto walk on the catwalk in front of all the grade 6s, Ms Dent, Mrs Hensby and their grade 2 classes.

Our class dressed up for oaks day

Our class dressed up for oaks day

In the final everybody had to walk on the catwalk again. I was first up, it wasn’t as nerve racking as I thought it would be. There were 3 prizes one for best girl, one for best boy and one for most creative. Livvi won for the best girl, Angus won for the best girl and Raffi won for most creative.

Me and my friends

Me and my friends

Tyra