Mighty Me Health Expo

Hi everybody,

The past term we have been  working on our mighty me health expo. We al had to chose a topic about the body and then create a poster and a hands on activity to let people do. My topic is Bowel Cancer, What Bowel Cancer is and how to help prevent it. . .

You have probably heard of many types of cancer, but have you ever heard of bowel cancer?

Bowel cancer (also known as colorectal cancer) is a cancer of the colon or rectum.

Bowel Cancer is a malignant growth that develops most commonly in the lining of the large bowel. Most bowel cancers develop from the tiny growths called polyps. Not all Polyps become cancer rows.

cells

Here are some facts about bowel cancer:

-15,151 Australians are diagnosed with bowel cancer each year, 14,060 (92.8%) of which are aged over 50yrs. Including 1,091 people under the age of 50.

-Bowel cancer is Australia’s second biggest cancer killer after lung cancer, claiming the lives of 3,980 people every year. 3,771 (or 94.7%) are aged over 50 yrs. -Both men and women are at risk of developing bowel cancer, with a split of around 55% male and 45% female. -Early detection is the best hope of reducing the number of Australians who die each year from bowel cancer.

-1 in 12 people will develop bowel cancer in their lifetime

If you have any questions ask in the comment below

Thanks for reading

Tyra

3 thoughts on “Mighty Me Health Expo

1. Hey Tyra,
    I really liked your presentation, but I thought that you could have kept eye contact a bit better but I have to say your hands on activity was awesome I loved it.
    From Frances.

2. Hey Frances,
    Thanks,
    I know, I really needed to keep more eye contact. And thanks for helping me come up with the idea for my hands on activity.

Tyra

3. Hey Tyra,
    I loved you hands on activity so much, I thought it was a really good idea and a lot of people visited it. You had a lot of information to look at and your poster was awesome!
    I agree with Frances how she said that you should keep eye contact as much as possible, but all up you did a great job!
    Hailee 🙂 <3